8 oz of how or sweet turkey Italian sausage
2 cups of chicken broth (homemade, of course)
1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
3/4 cup of uncooked small shell pasta
2 cups of spinach
2 tablespoons of grated fresh Parmesan or Romano Cheese
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
Heat a large saucepan over medium hear. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan, cook about 5 minutes or until brown.
Add broth, tomatoes, and pasta to pan. Bring to boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
Remove from heat, stir spinach until wilted. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.
This soup has a simmered all day flavor but takes only about 20 minutes to prepare. I will be adding this to the rotation. It was quick, easy and delicious. I cannot wait until I have fresh tomatoes from the garden.
Low fat: 7.1g
17.4: grams of protein

No comments:
Post a Comment